We caught up with Midlex earlier on to discuss all things 'Rage Arcade', what to expect from his latest single with MANCER, plus more topics below in a mini Q&A.
Rage Arcade is out on all stores now, which you can download/stream right here: https://go.fullflexaudio.co.uk/065
1. Welcome to Full Flex Audio, Midlex! How are things going for yourself in 2021 so far?
"It's going alright! I have been working on a couple of tracks so far and planning a lot for my future releases in 2021"
2. For those that don’t know about your style, tell us a little bit about yourself and how you got into the dubstep scene?
"My style is really hard to describe as I usually make anything I like, although the tracks that I have finished so far, some are melodic and some are more on the heavier side. I got into dubstep probably like many others after listening to Skrillex and similar artists, but I have always had an interest in electronic music even before that because I play video games with very cool soundtracks."
3. Is there a reason/story behind the name, Midlex?
"In the beginning there wasn't any story or meaning, but I've been recently making up a story, a meaning and a purpose for it, but I don't want to spoil anything yet!"
4. What advice would you give to upcoming artists in the dubstep scene, or music industry as a whole, who are just starting out?
"I'd say, don’t complain if what you're making sounds bad, just keep going and creating. That's the advice I usually give, as long as your music is good you'll figure out the rest when you get there"
5. With 'Rage Arcade' being out now on all platforms, what can the listeners expect from this track?
"We actually made this track in a couple hours. This track has got a couple of interesting switches that I really enjoy listening to, I'm sure you guys will enjoy it too!"
6. What’s next for Midlex over the next few months?
"Hopefully more releases and a branding revamp, and maybe more Mancer collabs ;)"
7. Where do you see the future of electronic music going, especially dubstep?
"It's hard to tell as a lot of artists come up with insane new ideas but I think the scene is going to change a lot in a couple years from now"
8. What’s your favourite style of music? And what is your least favourite style of music?
"Overall I love complex tracks; it doesn't matter what the genre is, but heavy stuff is usually what I enjoy the most. My least favourite style could be really fast music like hardcore and styles like that"
9. Speaking of Rage Arcade, what is your favourite old school arcade game? And what is your favourite current video game?
"I used to play arcade games with my cousins and I remember we played a lot of racing games like and off-brand Gran Turismo; My favourite game is Monster Hunter without a doubt"
That's all for this Q&A, make sure to check out 'Rage Arcade' on all available platforms now!